Monday, August 5, 2013

Holy Sh*t it's Shark Week!!!

If you followed my last blog, "Seize the Day," you might recall a fabulous celebration that is near and dear to my heart - Shark Week. Shark week is a special week designated by the Discovery Channel in July/August of every year, dedicated to raising awareness and respect for sharks. Last year, shark week fell at the perfect time in my life - I was pissed off about my knee and needed an escape from my reality. Funny enough, this year, I was pissed off about my knee and needed an escape from my reality. Cue the sharks!

My friends and I love sharks, we really do - last year we went scuba diving with the sharks in Honduras, and although I was absolutely terrified, I was seriously in awe of these graceful creatures. Sharks get a bad rap. That unfortunate underbite paired with the terrifying theme song from Jaws creates an image of a vicious killer. Sharks don't want to kill people - I mean, sometimes they screw up and confuse a surfer for a seal or whatever, but everyone makes mistakes. Besides, we need to be cognizant and respectful of the fact that the ocean is actually their home, not ours. So what? Let's say you trespass into some stranger's house and notice the owner is shady looking with bad dentition, are you just going to kill him? Leave the poor sharks alone.

In order to properly celebrate the majesty of the shark, I believe that it is our duty as shark lovers to drink our faces off drink like fish commemorate the sharks for one unforgettable weekend.

What an awesome weekend with awesome people.  My stomach and cheeks hurt from laughing so hard - best therapy ever!
Shark cupcakes because....well, why not?

My Tiger shark beats your Bull shark

No alcohol involved at all.

because sharks want to surf too, you know

We are dedicated to looking like idiots in the name of sharks.


Shark week brings out the douchebag in Evan

Sometimes sharks get angry
Holy shit it's shark week!

No comments:

Post a Comment